Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Monday, October 12, 2009

The JOY Challenge: Day 37

I am linking with Holley from in(courage) on her 40 day journey to choose joy. Won't you join us? If you would like to jump back to day 1 of my journey, click here. Or, to jump back to day 1 of her journey, click here.



As I sit here with my cinnamon crunch bagel (yes, I truly am C.C.!) waiting for the day to start, I really wish I were back in Richmond, like we were for the weekend. Oh, what a weekend! It was soooooooooooo nice! ...and restful ...and productive (test done, only the paper left to go!). Of course, being the dufus that I sometimes am, I left the camera in the room twice, so I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. Needless to say, though, our weekend was full of food, shopping, and relaxing. D.T. even surprised me with flowers waiting for us on the table at the restaurant where we had reservations for Friday night. Unfortunately, I couldn't take a picture till we got back to the room, 'cause... um... I forgot the camera. :-( Plus, it took me a full 15 minutes to actually realize that ours was the only table with flowers on it, and to look at the card. Um, yes, I'm a little slow. It was so sweet, though. Even the chef came out to ask what the occasion was. It was really neat to say that there was no occasion, just that he was very thoughtful!


Yesterday, before we left town, we finished off our weekend with lunch at a truly authentic establishment. Seems like we find something authentic to D.T. everywhere we go!


Did you know he is part Greek, too? I will say, though, that I don't think a real Italian or a real Greek would necessarily think that those two cultures blend together so well. Ha! The Greek stuff we had was totally awesome, though!

Greek salad with anchovies. Um, ewwww.
That was definitely D.T.'s!


Phyllo dough with goat cheese.
Mmmmm... yummy! Much better! :-)


Rice and veggies!

Moussaka! Very classic!

I'm full just looking at it all again! :-)

I digress. Back to the task at hand! Today, I choose joy in rest!


I don't take the opportunity as often as I should for extended rest, but I just need to remember that I am offered His rest at any time...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28

How are you choosing joy today?

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend! :) Good for you guys! I am finding Joy in getting life together!

Tara said...

Glad you had a great weekend! So sweet that he had flowers waiting on you. He's a keeper! All that food is making me hungry since it is past lunchtime.

Unknown said...

What a nice weekend. Glad you had a good time. and thanks for making me hungry...LOL

Jessi said...

How sweet! Sounds lovely...and the food (minus the anchovy salad) looks really yummy. Now I'm hungry.
I had a cinnamon crunch bagel tonight and thought of you :)
Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! That food looks yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails