Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Joy, Hope, and Peace...

Several years ago, in a small ladies' Bible study, our leader encouraged us to write a paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm. This is what I came up with. At the time, it came to me quickly and was incredibly personal. Now, however, I also find it very interesting, or perhaps insightful, in light of the things God has shown me as I completed my degree in Psychology. I pray that God will lead me specifically to use what I have learned in the time and place He chooses.

The Lord is my “Wonderful Counselor”,
I shall never need to make an appointment.
He listens to my problems,
He calms my emotions,
He restores to me
Clear thinking and Peace of mind.
He guides me through my circumstances
For the sake of His reputation.
Even though I struggle and stumble through
Self-doubt, guilt, and depression,
I will not be afraid of what others think of me,
For You will never leave me or forsake me,
And because You alone accept me for who I am.
Your truth, wisdom, and unconditional love,
They comfort me.
You prepare a response for me
When others misjudge me.
You heal my broken spirit.
My confidence overflows.
Surely JOY, HOPE, and PEACE will follow me
All the days of my life,
And I will rest in the Shadow
Of the Almighty forever!


~Personal Paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm~
written sometime around 2001
© http://his-heart.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Jon L. Estes said...

Go Girl...

Thinking of you and Daniel lately. Looking forward to seeing you next month, if all goes well on you rend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails