Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Memorial Box Monday Tuesday ~ They held up his arms!



Welcome to Memorial Box Monday,
as hosted by Linny @ A Place Called Simplicity!

I know it is Tuesday, but Linny did not post before I went to bed last night, and I just saw this early this morning! I've missed doing one of these the last few weeks, and I've been preparing this one for a little while, so here goes... :o)

Exodus 17:12
But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; And his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

Do you know this story? It is the one where the children of Israel are in a fight with the Amalekites. Moses stands on the hill overlooking the battle. As long as he holds his hands up, the children of Israel prevail. But... when he lets his hands down, the tables turn, and the Amalekites prevail. Naturally, though, his arms get tired. So, Aaron and Hur hold up the arms of Moses, one on each side, until the sun goes down and the Amalekites are defeated!

I find two things in the rest of this passage very interesting:

1. end of v. 12 ~
his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

2. v. 14-16 ~
And Jehovah said unto Moses,
Write this for a memorial in a book
,
and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua:
that I will utterly blot out the remembrance
of Amalek from under heaven.

And Moses built an altar,
and called the name of it Jehovah-nissi;

And he said, Jehovah hath sworn:
Jehovah will have war with Amalek
from generation to generation.


Okay, I'll admit... I thought the memorial book reference was cool in light of Linny's Memorial Box posts. It really is scriptural to remember what God has done in your life... to remind you... to teach your children... to encourage others. Beyond that, though, I love that the Scripture notes that Moses' hands were steady as long as they needed to be because others were holding him up.

Throughout my entire battle (yes, it has been a battle) in desiring a child, I have recognized the intercession of others who have prayed for me when I have not known how to pray for myself. There are a handful, in particular, who I know have consistently prayed for me and some who I don't even know about... but somehow, I know they are there. Does that even make sense??? An even smaller number of people are still praying for me, even though I have shared with them where I am. That I recognize this might not be God's plan. That I am at peace with that. Persistent little buggers, aren't they! :o) There are those one or two... maybe even three... who believe God is going to do something incredible in our lives. They are believing for me at a point where I am unable or unwilling to believe for myself. They are holding up my arms. Do you know what that feels like???

This Memorial Box Monday (or Tuesday :o)) I wanted to share with you about one special woman who is believing for me. I met her... ~ooooh, I am SO excited to share this with y'all! I've been saving it for a few weeks now!!!~ I digress. Back to what I was saying. I met her on April 23, 2008 when she found my blog, quite by accident (or not) and felt led to post a comment on the guest book I used to have. She was looking for some statistics about infertility and wanted to encourage me. We chatted back and forth via email and she sent me some material she had produced based on her own experience. I read it, gave her some feedback, and that was that for the most part. She and her husband were then missionaries in Belize and occasionally they would send out an update and we might chat again
briefly by email.

Once or twice, I casually mentioned that it would be nice to meet if they ever traveled back this way again. Imagine my surprise when their most recent update told of their plans to finish the work they had been doing and to return to the United States to await the next thing God had for them. Several months ago, they came back to Raleigh, NC... where they were originally from... only a hop, skip, and a jump from where we live! We chatted via email a bit more and arranged to meet one evening for dinner!

It was fabulous! For one thing, we ate at my newest favorite restaurant ~ California Pizza Kitchen! Haven't tried it? You should! :o) Even more than that, though, the fellowship was amazing! Have you ever met those people that you just feel like you have know them your whole life? This was them.


"S" & "R"

They really were incredible. We had so many things in common... places where our stories coincided in a way that only God could have orchestrated. I am excited to see how each of our experiences will glorify God one day! As "S" reminded me that night, God has declared the end from the beginning.

This week, I am opening up my virtual Memorial Box and placing inside a napkin from the California Pizza Kitchen to remind me where our Miracle-working, Mountain-moving, Awe-inspiring, Gasp-giving God joined our hearts with new friends! Is it crazy that I am filling up my Memorial Box with items from restaurants?!?!? Hehehe! :o)

Thank you, "S," for praying and believing for me. Thank you for holding up my arms. I look forward to seeing the end God has had in mind from the beginning of time and this battle.


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

1 comment:

Deb said...

I too have had some amazing connections over the blog world! Thank you Jesus!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails