Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Good night, good day...

We had a very nice New Year's Eve celebration last night with some Romanian friends. Boy, is a Romanian New Year's celebration a lot different than an American one. Actually, pretty much any Romanian celebration is very different from the American counterpart. The main difference is that they stay up ALL night. Um, yeah. Not so much for this 30-something true blue American girl. I called it quits at 2 a.m.!


Ha! Then, I slept in until almost 11 a.m. this morning. Aaahhhh! :-)

We also spent a lot of time talking politics and theology. No television running all night with the big ball in New York City. D.T. was in all his glory. He doesn't get much opportunity to talk seminary stuff anymore.

I would love to share some pictures with you of our friends, but especially their two beautiful, sweet little girls. We've been to their lovely home once before, so we had already met and played with the girls then. So, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when last night, as I sat at the table, the older daughter literally threw herself onto my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. I needed that. See, friends who have children, you don't have to be afraid of me. I really don't mind being around the precious gifts God has given you!



Romanian get-togethers always include a LOT of food!

The youngest with her parents.
Quite the drama queen, isn't she?

The oldest with her mother.
All dressed up like Snow White! :-)

Other friends and family of our friends.
One of their young men was celebrating his birthday! :-)

Happy New Year's!

The littlest one took a special liking to D.T. She told her mom that she liked me too, but she pretty much didn't want anything to do with me if she had a choice between the two of us. LOL!

Pictures?

Time to turn on the drama!

Turning it up a notch!
Yes, D.T. this is what you have to look forward to! LOL!


What a beautiful smile! D.T., too! ;-)

More drama! Girlfriend, check out those curls!

So sweet! She initiated this, and my heart about melted!!!


Well, I pray that you all had as lovely of a New Year's Day as I did. Sleeping in. Long, hot bath. Some cleaning and organization. See! I'm already keeping my New Year's resolution. Yay, me!!! :-)

Oh, and waking up to this.


Goodness, where did I find this man? Cleaning and vacuuming before I even get up???


I think the best part of the day was my time with the LORD. D.T. graciously went to the store, braving WALMART on New Year's and leaving me alone to relax a little. I retreated to my favorite spot (the bathtub) to soak and spend some time in prayer and God's Word. I must admit that I have not been hearing from God as much as I should have been for the last several months, and that is ALL my fault and none of His. So, I was incredibly amazed and blessed to hear from Him so clearly in the very first verse that I read. I really do LOVE the Old Testament, especially the first few books of the Bible. It just seems like God speaks to me more loudly and clearly than in the New Testament. I don't really know why that is.

Do you want to know what He said?

"When God began creating the heavens and the earth,
the earth was a shapeless, chaotic mass,
with the Spirit of God brooding over the dark vapors...
"
(Genesis 1:1 - The Living Bible)

and what I heard was... When I began creating your life, it was a shapeless, CHAOTIC mass.

How TRUE is that?!? Shapeless. Chaotic. Mass.

But, like in the creation of His world, God is bringing LIGHT to the circumstances of my life. He is dividing and shaping, forming and creating my world to become what will ultimately bring glory to Him.

I am so grateful that He spoke to me in this way this morning, and I can't wait to see what 2010 holds for our family. I also LOVE that He spoke to me about putting order into my life, especially in light of my New Year's resolution!

How about you? How is God speaking to you right now? What is your favorite book of the Bible?


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

6 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

wonderful post. Love your thoughts. I have a chaotic life now, so it is good to know that God is making something out of it!! Hope 2010 is the best year ever for you.

He & Me + 3 said...

BEautiful pictures, beautiful time and beautiful post. God is so good and I am so glad that he took this crazy girls life and made it new.
Happy New Year friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi friend! happy new year.
let me introduce myself .. 'm vinicius of Brazil..I just created my blog, and was wondering what I would write in my blog..was when I saw your blog .. I liked your photos but I Observers something different
everything was in English but I saw some familiar words as Lord and God..time I entered a dictionary onnline and translate some texts their and through him we write this statement .. I just want to say that God may bless God used their texts to talk to me and I believe many people will see these texts .... but you see that one god bless .. I vinicius of Brazil city garanhuns and please contact me

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

It's hard to pick a favorite book. I find something new everytime I read the gospels. I'm always convicted by the words of James (especially the stuff about my tongue!). Hebrews spurs my faith on. Philippians encourages me. I find comfort in both Corninthians and Psalms. Wisdom in Proverbs. On and on...

I am feeling a little chaotic and shapeless these days. So grateful that we serve a God of order and One who has good plans for our lives. Thanks for this post. Blessings to you in the coming year CC!

-stephanie- said...

This post read so calm and peaceful. Loved it. I pray this calm and peace stays with you this new year.

Anonymous said...

That looked like a pretty fun party! And staying up all night? That would be right up my alley! All of my friends are early to bed. We are just starting our day by the time they all go to bed. Those little girls are adorable!

What an awesome scripture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails