Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The JOY Challenge: Day 34

I am linking with Holley from in(courage) on her 40 day journey to choose joy. Won't you join us? If you would like to jump back to day 1 of my journey, click here. Or, to jump back to day 1 of her journey, click here.



Time seems to fly by when you are choosing joy. Can you believe it is day 34 already??? Actually, I think time flies by anyway, but you might as well be joyful, right?

Today, I choose joy in encouragement, even especially in the midst of trials.

Yesterday, I think God decided He would just dump a big ol' PiƱata of encouragement right on my head. Boy did I need it! It came from the most unexpected and unusual places, too... a looooonnng talk with the purchasing director in his office (seriously? the purchasing director? what's with that?!?!?), a chat with an old acquaintance where I bragged on God for His financial provision in our adoption, an email from our case worker for no reason other than to encourage me, and an email from my friend and mentor. All this within the span of 2 hours. The last one totally blew me away. I mean, it's not that she doesn't care. I know that. I know that she prays for me often. It's just that technology, internet, FB, twitter... they're just not her thing. Hence the reason her blog is not updated all that frequently. Her aversion to technology includes email, too. So, I was overwhelmingly encouraged by the unexpected thoughts she sent to me seemingly out of the blue. Of course, we all know that it wasn't really out of the blue. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was done more in obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to her spirit.

Now, my circumstances have not really changed at all, but my spirit is still choosing joy, and my perspective is tagging along.

Oh, and my class? All critiques done. One more discussion board post and reply, one test (LORD, help me with this!), and a 15-page paper. Countin' down and pushin' on...

How are you choosing joy today?

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails