Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Community...

There is a saying that "it takes a village to raise a child." Interesting... and I think there is some truth to the concept. Not that I have raised a child. But, just the idea of community and the fact that we need each other. God did not create us to be alone, but to be together. Especially, as believers. In Genesis, He tells us that it was not good for man to be alone, and so He created someone (Eve) to help Adam. In Ecclesiastes, we are also taught that our friends can help "pick us up" when we are down.

This adoption process has certainly seemed overwhelming to me and DoubleT, and at times, we have been down, in need of being "picked up." This week was one of those times for me, and let me just say that I KNOW some of you were praying for me, and I could feel God responding to your prayers to carry me through in HIS strength.

I am also grateful for those who helped me scrapbook last night. While prayer is no less important or effective than physically doing something to help, there are occasions when the task demands many hands. It is so neat to watch how God brings the whole body of Christ together to accomplish His purposes. Not just for some to pray or for some to scrapbook, but even down to the details and personalities of my three lovely friends ~ one to motivate me (through her words AND through her actions), one to encourage and BE THERE, and one new friend who just has all the knowledge and tools to get the job done! Or, at least to cut out letters! :-)

A year ago, I would have never anticipated that on Sunday, October 26, 2008, I would be sitting in my kitchen with P**, K***s, and A***y as we cut out titles for all my album pages. No, we did not finish the album. No, we did not even finish one page. But, all the pieces are there.

When Jesus healed men and women throughout the scriptures, He met their need, but then it was their responsibility to MOVE FORWARD in that blessing. Jesus did not pick up their feet to make them walk. He commanded them to get up and move. God's strength put their faith in motion, and God's strength will do the same for us.

Now, the responsibility is still mine to get up and move.

Thank you for the part each of you have played to pick us up. We have been so blessed.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

1 comment:

Becky Gravley said...

i was here! =) reading your blog =) i love seeing how the Lord is working in your life. he is GOOD!! i wonder if we could meet up with you and daniel some time? in our many travels i'm sure we come somewhere near you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails