Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Exhaustion has set in...

DoubleT and I are both like walking dead right now. There is too much to do and too many decisions to make. Which picture should I use? Which background paper will look best? Should I choose this sticker? or that sticker? Don't even ask me to pick a color.

Last night, as we were walking through W@lm@rt, I couldn't even make a simple decision of what I might like to eat for dinner. I think my brain has just said "enough is enough!"

In addition to the regular responsibilities of life, my to do list this weekend includes:
(if anybody reads this and then sees me, please remind me not to forget any of this...)
  • Pick up our car that is finished at the repair shop.
  • Return the rental car.
  • Try to clean something.
  • Take the garbage out. There is a lot of it.
  • Have a friend over to make digital pictures from our wedding album without tearing the album completely apart.
  • Get and mail a sympathy card for a family back home.
  • Buy a gift and a card for a baby shower. There will be no decision making involved in this gift. It WILL be a gift card. Period.
  • Go to said baby shower.
  • Buy groceries to make dinner for a family in our SS class.
  • Make said dinner (this is DoubleT's job).
  • Take said dinner to family on Sunday.
  • Clean out the vanity in our guest room so that we can take this piece of furniture back to my parent's house next week. We need to make room for whenever it is that we are selected to receive a baby.
  • Buy new background paper for the pages I tried to do last night, because they don't look right.
  • Scrapbook.
  • Keep the dogs occupied so that DoubleT can grade papers in peace.
  • Review and make corrections to the draft of our homestudy.
Yesterday, one of the adoption agency administration surprised me by stopping by my office. I think God sent her to give me a message because for one thing, I didn't even know that she knew where my office was, and she certainly has never stopped by before. We had a somewhat brief, yet refreshing conversation. She told me to "slow down" and "enjoy the process." Hmmmm... Enjoy? The process??? Is that possible?

I am trying.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails