Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits...

Yesterday was interesting. We have a house guest who is here for an intensive. Plus, my coworker's mother had some serious health concerns, and we offered to pick up my coworkers eight yo daughter after school and bring her home with us so that my coworker could be with her mother at the hospital. We had a good time. Pizza for dinner, baking cookies, sugaring her up, :-) playing with the dogs, playing Wii. I figure this won't be a typical night for us as parents, but hey, we're not the parents, and we got to send her home at the end of the night. Hehehe! Plus, we needed to distract her from what was going on in her family at the moment. I did definitely discover some ways that I do want our life to be like with kids and other ways that I do not want our life to be like with kids. Hmmm.....

***
I am back in procrastination mode with the last assignment for the class I just finished. I just can't get myself motivated. I guess part of it is that I have been distracted by the recent adoption stuff. The other part is that I still have 13 days until it is due, and I tend to be a better last-minute worker. The last book I ordered for the project should be waiting for me at my doorstep today, so perhaps that will make me want to work on it more. Would someone please kick me into gear?

***
I may be starting to nest a little again. I think it is because SPRING. IS. COMING!!! Woohoo!!!!! I can't wait. I am so sick of winter, I could just spit. I have some ideas, too, of things I want to keep doing to our little place. D.T.'s brother is coming in a little more than a month to visit. He's really good at fixing things, so I am sure we will get a lot done while he is here. I am actually hoping to pull out this old project which is still not finished. Just waiting for sunny days that we can take it outside and paint! I am hoping we will need it sooner rather than later.

***
Guess what??? I won a contest last night! I was SO excited when I saw! I can't wait to read the book. :-) Thank you so much Adoptive Momma of Two! Now, I will get the chance to learn a lot about What I Want My Adopted Child to Know! :-)

Guess that's about it for now.

What's the first thing you're going to spring clean this year?


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

4 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Sounds like a fun night.

Whoomp! (the sound of me kicking you into gear) :o)

Congrats on your winnings.

Hang on, Spring's coming!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love spring for the cleaning! LOL I am crazy like that.
That book that you won sounds awesome!

Jessi said...

I haven't been blogging much but just wanted to let you know I've been reading your posts and I'm praying for you! I know saying no to a child must of been so hard...I know God has someone special for you and DT though and I can't wait to see that happen!
I'm a procrastinator too so no words on how to get your butt into gear from me! :)
I enjoy spring cleaning...or mostly just de-cluttering my house/my life. I'm pretty obsessed with doing that actually.
Blessings and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the book!

I have already spring cleaned our patio. Only to find that our umbrella was broken during a wind storm we had a few weeks ago. That was a bummer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails