Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thoughts from "Tear Soup"...

I am working on my project. When Tear Soup (Schwiebert & DeKlyen, 1999) *Forgive me for the formatting. It is an APA thing :o)* was read to us at the support group I attended the other week, one of the paragraphs that stood out to me the most was this:

“Grandy found that most people can tolerate only a cup of someone else’s tear soup. The giant bowl, where Grandy could repeatedly share her sadness in great detail, was left for a few willing friends” (p. 21).

I thought that was a really true and very profound thought. No matter how close our friends (bloggy or otherwise) are, sometimes they just can't bear our burdens. I'm glad, though, that there is one friend who can!

Consider these verses:

Psalms 31:24
Psalms 55:22
Psalms 121:1-2

...and then WE can pass on the comfort to others.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Well, that's it for now. The thought just struck me, and I wanted to share. Enjoy your weekend while I keep pluggin' away! :o)

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

Related Posts with Thumbnails