We were offered a baby yesterday from the agency in Florida. He is 8 months old. We are so incredibly confused about what to do. They offered him to us first because we were the most "open" couple they had. This baby has very severe medical problems, and may be on his back for the rest of his life. We don't know. We are waiting for medical records, which we could have our doctor review.
We might have to say "no." Not because we don't want him, but because we don't have the right house or resources to take care of him. Moving right now isn't an option, either.
Part of me wonders how we could say "no" when we have waited so long, and then the other part of me knows that it's probably not the right situation for us.
I never really expected to face these types of decisions. This is hard.
I asked the caseworker if she had a picture of him, and she said, no, but she could take one today. Then, she thought better of it, and said that it would be best if she did not send us a picture. She did not want to cloud our decision with his cuteness. I think she is a very wise person!
We are praying that God would give us clarity of His plan, and that He would do what is best for us AND this baby. Please, pray with us.
Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...