Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tuesday Thursday Tidbits...

I am feeling what I would describe as significantly, although not entirely, better. I went to the doctor again yesterday because my neck was all red, and I thought I might have been having a reaction to the meds I was given. I had to see a different doctor because mine was out. He told me that I could stop taking the other meds I was prescribed and that while he couldn't actually prove it, he was quite certain that I did NOT have Benign Positional Vertigo, but rather a mild attack of my MS. That makes sense to me. Perfect sense. It was all neurological symptoms anyway. He gave me a RX for another mild med to take as needed for any continued dizziness.

***
D.T. is a superstar! While I slept through American Idol last night, he graded discussion boards for two of the three sections he is teaching right now. That was after traveling on a plane for 20+ hours this past weekend, eating far more than his fair share of his mama's good home cooking, and working all day after just returning home! Wow! Where does he get all this energy???

***
I turned in the last bit of paperwork Monday night to the agency in Florida so they can present us to a few birth moms. One at a time, of course. That is the way they all do it. I think we are in a comfortable position for ourselves right now. We feel like we are being proactive enough while we are waiting, but not necessarily going into crazy overkill mode. So for now, we will just continue to wait it out and see what God does with everything or if He tells us to move out further.

***
I've had some thoughts lately about the way the whole adoption process works now-a-days. You see, it is the birth mother that does the choosing of a family for her child.

*Interruption* Speaking of birth mothers, I've read some stuff lately about that term being offensive to some people since it may be used before a woman has, in fact, become a mother. You know, if she is going through the process of choosing a family before the baby is actually born. Sometimes, it is hard to wrap my head around all the lingo and decide what is most politically correct as well as respectful to all the parties involved. I've heard the term first mother used as well, and this seems to sit a little better with some people. What do y'all think? *Interruption over*

Anywho, my thoughts have centered on the process of choosing. You know, God chose us. With all of our faults, all of our sin, all of our dirtiness.

But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8


He chose us, knowing all of these things. D.T. and I have had to remind ourselves of this a few times lately as we have stepped out beyond our comfort zones to say God, I trust You to give us what is best for us AND the child you have for us, even if we don't know what the future will look like. Especially the other week, we kind of fell back into those thoughts of... but I can't handle this or that, I'm not comfortable with such and such. Then, we had to remind ourselves that this is the one point in the process where we get to do the choosing by saying that we will leave it in God's hands. We choose this child no matter what their background, their color, their medical problems, the level of drugs they have been exposed to, or any other uncomfortable circumstance that might surround the birth of this child. We intentionally choose them.

I thought, too... If D.T. had known what he would be getting into just one year after our marriage, would he have ever even gone through with it? I wouldn't have blamed him if he hadn't, but I am so glad that he did. He chose me. For better or for worse.

***
Enough heaviness. Moving on. I really need to get started on my project this weekend for the intensive class I just finished. I have 3 more weeks to get it done, but I don't want to procrastinate now that I am feeling well enough to think clearly. :-)

***
I really wish that I could have been a bug on the wall when D.T. showed up at his mother's doorstep this past weekend. I can't imagine the look of surprise on her face at the sight of her baby son come half-way around the world just to see her! Priceless, I am sure! I am so glad we were able to do this for her special day!!!

***
Anybody else ready for spring??? I am SO over this winter! The snowman some neighbors built during a storm a few weekends ago certainly thinks it is time to go away.


Poor thing. The only thing holding it up is its broken arm. Goldie and Ben are ready, too. They are not sure what a walk looks like anymore! Come spring, come! Hurry, hurry!!! :-)

P.S. I shared this post on Heart to Heart with Holley.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

1 comment:

Stephanie Harbin said...

CC I want you to know I am praying for you to become a mommy. In my dreams, I have already given you several children!!! Remember, you could have a "perfect" infant and illness could strike or accident could happen. I know that you are aware of that in your own life. Have you guys thought of adopting older children? I have a student in my 4th grade class who has lived in a foster home for several years and is getting her own family. I have so loved going through this process with her. She is so excited to have someone pick her and her jr. high aged sister. I'm just wondering if you guys have thought about that??? My daughter started out as a foster child. I picked her up at the hospital when she was 3 days old and yes, she was exposed to drugs. I believe she was healed of that exposure when she attended her first church service and two men of our church prayed for her. (At that time I didn't even know I would be keeping her.) Now she is 9 and an amazing girl. I had ideas of what parenting would be like, but it isn't always that way. Some times are hard, no matter what the issues, but the main thing is that you are a family created by God and you are in it together. I know that you don't know me and you may want to delete this comment, but I want you to know that I am praying for you, there are no "perfect" children, and what God can put together, no man can put asunder!! Thanks for keeping us posted with all the news. I can't wait to read the blog on the day your bring your child home!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails