Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

More thoughts on Peace...

I have some cards on my desk at work that incorporate Scripture as a prayer. They are from a package of cards that Beth Moore published and which I bought at a conference many years ago. I'll be honest... I haven't used them a whole lot as much as I should have, (shame on me!) but I DO have a few of them on my desk.

I look at them every once in a while, and today, I looked at one that said this...

HELP ME, LORD, not to be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present my requests to You.
And Your peace, O God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:6-7)


Wow. Somehow, it reads differently to me when it is formed in a prayer.

So, I have been contemplating ALL DAY! Exactly, what is peace? I am going to have to do some studying on this. I mean, according to Paul in Philippians, it is God's peace. Well, that tells me WHO peace belongs to, but it doesn't really explain exactly WHAT peace is. It says that His peace transcends all understanding. Well, phooey. I WANT to understand!!! LOL! :-)

Hmmmmmm....

Thoughts? A feeling? An action? A noun? A verb?

Anybody know Greek or Hebrew? :-)

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Girl! My word this year is peace. I'm glad you're studying it too...I can come here for insight :)
I'll be posting about it soon...
Blessings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails