Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The JOY Challenge: Day 24

I am linking with Holley from in(courage) on her 40 day journey to choose joy. Won't you join us? If you would like to jump back to day 1 of my journey, click here. Or, to jump back to day 1 of her journey, click here.




Wow, what a night last night! I have SO many things I am choosing joy in today.

First of all, my sink looks amazing with no dishes and all shined up. Well, almost shined up. I need to get me a few products to help this along a little, first. Thanks to this lady, things are looking up a little at our place. I mean, be still my little OCD heart, I got SO much done last night, I couldn't even begin to recount it all! The counter is completely cleaned off, the rug is vacuumed, and the table is empty. Well, almost empty. We've still got some piles of paper clutter to contend with, but it's gettin' better!

Second, we decided that the dogs needed a bed of their own. D.T. just couldn't take the nails in his back anymore. LOL! ;-) It's just a little crowded with two people and two dogs in a queen sized bed. So, before we buy another dog bed (since they ate the last one), we decided to put an old comforter on the floor for the two of them. After all, they have each other, right? Well. Ben was a very good boy, and sniffed out a place for himself right away! He did get up a bunch to come peek over the side of our bed, but every time I told him to go back, he did! Goldie, on the other hand, is another story. Man, is she S.T.U.B.B.O.R.N.!!! She circled our bed, looking every which way for some way to get up. To no avail. Every time she would get up, we would push her down and tell her to go to her blanket.

*Big sighs*

*Slamming body down against door*

*Big sighs* (This time from me)

Eventually, we fell asleep, and I think she did too. She tried quite a few times during the night to get up, but we were consistent ~ Yay us!

This morning? They were BOTH on the floor.

Sweet success!

Well, until 4:30 a.m. when Goldie started beating on the door again to go out. So, what did I do? I let her get in bed because it was better than going outside.

Shame on me. Here's hoping for an even better night tonight. But, hey, I'm still choosing joy. We got a lot accomplished + we got a good night's sleep!

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing more joyous than a clean kitchen! :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails