Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Conversations with a waiting adoptive mom...

Coworker: Hey, how's your adoption "thing" going? Have you heard anything?

Another coworker: You're on the waiting list with xyz agency? I didn't know that. Hey, I know some people over there. Do you want me to pull some strings?

OBSERVATIONS:

1. I'm thinking that if I had heard anything, pretty much everybody in the whole world would probably know it.

2. Is it really as easy as pulling strings??? I didn't know that! My goodness, I could have saved myself all this trouble. Ahem. If I wanted strings pulled, I think I would have figured out a way to pull them by now.

3. I know that people don't know what to say and that everyone pretty much means well, but... does anyone understand... I mean REALLY understand how hard this is???

8 months. 5 days.

Just sayin'.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

5 comments:

amanda said...

i don't think ANYONE can understand.

just like the person who told me, maybe your body is just getting tired and needs a break.

yeah. thanks. did not need to be reminded of that!
praying my appt today proves them wrong. ;0)

praying for you and your future baby!! :0)

Mel said...

this is one of those if you have not walked the road you don't understand things...at least that is my take having done it..

One would imagine that adoption is quick and easy but in many cases it is long and arduous, although the outcome is worth each second most days :)

christy rose said...

I am still praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand, but I do know that I will pray for you. Love ya friend!

Anonymous said...

I have heard that adoption is a long hard road! I have never understood why considering there are so many children out there that need homes. Praying for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails