Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback... 1997

Friday Photo Flashback

Welcome back to Friday Photo Flashback,
hosted by Alicia at More Than Words!

1997, I think. This was my first trip to Romania to visit (and meet) my in-laws. D.T. and I had only been married for 1 year. We actually took the frozen (thawed by the time we got there) top layer of our wedding cake with us to share with his family on our anniversary.

I especially treasure this picture with D.T.'s dad, and I LOVE the way he was looking at me. He had such a neat sense of humor, and we always had such a good time laughing together. He went to be with Lord in 2000, and we miss him very much.

Regarding the picture, though, what was up with the hair and the clothes? Oh, and the glasses. Yikes [cringing]. That's all I've got to say! ;-)

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...



***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry friend but I am giggling at the perm! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing at your perm as much as the expression on your face!!

BTW, Sparkette, you know I have pictures of some of your goofy hairstyles and the one sided glasses!!

really.truly said...

That is such a sweet photo. I love the look on your father in laws face!

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet memory of him!

More Than Words said...

What a blessing that you got to meet him!

I look at old pictures of me too and I think to myself, "I thought that was cute????" LOL!!!

That's a great picture, and memory to go w/ it! Thank you for sharing!!!

Tara said...

There just seems to be something really sweet about father-in-laws. Mother-in-laws on the other hand.....hmmm.

Yeah, what were we thinking with the perms and glasses that look like they would eat our faces? :-D

He & Me + 3 said...

I am chuckling with Sparkette about the perm...but cannot laugh to hard because I had the same hairstyle.
It's nice to get along with the inlaws. I love mine dearly too. So glad you had time with your FIL before he passed away.

Erin said...

I like the expression on your face and it does look like your FIL doesn't know what to make of you. Too funny!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love the hair...this pic made me smile, girl! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails