Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Answers I need ahem... WANT to know


One of the reasons I love a new year so much is that it means my daily Bible reading goes back to the beginning. I really enjoy the early books of the Bible ~ Genesis - Leviticus - Deuteronomy ~ mostly because God has spoken to me more through those books than some of the others.

Before D.T. and I moved almost 6 years ago, I was drawn to this particular passage when Abram receives his call from God to go to a new place.

Genesis 12:1-9
(verse 1) The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

Notice that God doesn't give Abram very many details. At least not about where he is going. God only tells Abram that he is supposed to go and what to leave behind.

Hmm. That's just not quite enough information for me. I'm the kind of person who likes to know ~

  • Who will our birth mother be?
  • What will she and the baby be like?
  • When will we be chosen?
  • Where will she be from?
  • How in the world are we going to pay for this?
  • And most importantly WHY did God choose to build our family this way???

Abram didn't get that. Just... GO. LEAVE. Period.

(verse 4a) So Abram left, as the LORD had told him;

Such faith and obedience. I'm sure Abram could not have imagined the journey ahead or the blessing that lay before him and his descendants.

The words of the following hymn and the new chorus which was added at our church is still ringing in my ears from yesterday's service...

Be Thou My Vision
Be Thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Will You guide me
when I can't see?
LORD, please lead me.
You're all that I need.

Be Thou my wisdom and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, and I Thy true son
Thou in my dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Will You guide me
when I can't see?
LORD, please lead me.
You're all that I need.

Riches I need not, nor man’s empty praise
Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart
High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art.

Will You guide me
when I can't see?
LORD, please lead me.
You're all that I need.

High King of heaven, my victory won
May I reach heaven’s joys, O bright heaven’s sun
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

Will You guide me
when I can't see?
LORD, please lead me.
You're all that I need.

Moving forward in faith...

4 comments:

heidi said...

Praying for you and added you to my post. ((hugs))

Anne said...

What a great song and prayer for all of our lives that God will lead us in every step, especially when we can't see the next step.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Praying that you find the answers to the questions you seek...and that you have peace along the journey.

amanda said...

i'll be praying for you. our god is good and his plan is perfect.
:0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails