Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Working in the background...

I think the adoption process is easier for me when I am actually DOING something than it is when I am just waiting.

While we do have the task of completing the album and profile, as far as the homestudy is concerned, our part (the visits) is pretty much over. I wish that meant that the homestudy is complete, but there is still much that our caseworkers have to do to sort through, clarify, and organize the information they gathered from and about us.

And, it's not always so black and white... already this week, there have been several occasions where additional information has been requested from us or where somewhat "muddy" questions on the child acceptance form have had to be revisited and reconsidered.

I say all this to let you know that there may be times when I seem somewhat silent and don't have anything particularly **exciting** to share. When that happens, though, it doesn't mean that we, the caseworkers, and most importantly - - God - - are not working in the background to bring together HIS perfect picture.

God is using you, too - even now, to "work in the background" of this journey...

I do not mean to sound like a broken record, but I deeply realize and appreciate the value of many who have interceded on my (and our) behalf through many situations over the years.

So, when the Holy Spirit brings us to your mind, please allow Him to continue to use you to intercede on our behalf. There is much to lay at His feet...
  • us and our family
  • the birthmother, the birthfather, and their families
  • the caseworkers
  • the staff caring for all the birthmothers and the staff taking care of all the paperwork at the agency
  • provision of the funding we need to complete the adoption
Isn't is amazing how He draws us all together for His good purposes!



Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails