Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The day's accomplishments...

I must admit that yesterday I did not accomplish much at all. At work. At home. The adoption. Pretty much nothing.

It was one of those days when my MS reminded me that I really have no control over when it decides to rear its ugly head. Of course, I'm not really having any symptoms you can see or even anything tangible that I can pinpoint, it's just that exhaustion that anyone who has experienced knows what I am talking about, but can't exactly explain, and really can't describe with a simple "I am really tired."

You know, it would figure that this would happen during week 5 of the classes DoubleT teaches.

We've become pretty good at helping each other out - when I'm in the middle of a grad class or if I'm not feeling well, he'll take over more of the responsibilities at home - and when he has a lot of work to do on his classes or if he gets sick, then I do more. It's a good give-and-take.

Unfortunately, yesterday BOTH happened. He has close to 50 papers to grade in one week, and I feel like garbage. Needless to say, I did pretty much nothing except fall asleep on the couch. Fortunately, Goldie has decided that she is a teenager who likes to lock herself up in her room. She went upstairs and fell asleep on our bed, never to be heard from again until we crawled upstairs ourselves at almost 11. And Ben? Well after Goldie left him in the dust, I convinced him to fall asleep with me on the couch!

In the end, the lazy dogs and I all slept for hours while DoubleT graded a bunch of papers. God was so good to give me some rest and DoubleT some quiet!

So, what of any significance have I accomplished today?

Well, we did locate a Creative Memories consultant so we could buy the album we need to put our pictures in. She was very kind to even deliver it to my office on such short notice! Does spending money actually count as accomplishing something?

Anyway, I have also put the finishing touches on my letter to prospective birth mothers. Now, if you know me at all, you know that the letter will probably change a dozen times before we actually turn it in :-) but at least it is done in theory. Now, it's DoubleT's turn to write... perhaps that might have to wait until he's done grading papers!

So, I feel pretty good about today's progress. At least it's something.

Now, back to the couch so I can build up some energy for tomorrow.

Please pray that this nastiness goes away quickly! Thanks for listening to me vent and ramble.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails