Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blessings...

You know, I never thought I would say this, but I praise God that He has not allowed us to get pregnant and that He has chosen adoption for us. It is such an amazing, neat experience to watch Him work, especially in the little things. It's not always easy to trust Him for our "daily bread" when we would rather have a freezer full of meals planned out, but it's actually rather fun to taste His goodness and discover His new mercies every morning.

Yesterday was a very good day.

When we got home from work, there were two "surprises" waiting for us in the mailbox. Ok, God was not surprised, but we were... and quite delighted, at that! The first was an unexpected check for 90-some dollars. I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it could pay for, say... fire extinguishers? or our criminal background checks? our driving records? or a host of other adoption-related things... It was a blessing straight from God, that's for certain. I must remind myself that I asked for help yesterday, but I didn't quite expect it in the way it came. The giver was actually our escrow account in the form of a reimbursement for too much money paid into property taxes. Isn't God creative?!?

The second item we received was one of the self-addressed stamped envelopes I sent out last week. Snuggled safe inside was a reference form, completed by our dear friends Fred and Mary. I don't know why, but I got SO excited! It was almost like how I imagine I would feel if I ever saw a second line on a pregnancy test. It really was a blessing to read how others see us and how excited they are for us in this journey. We felt so loved and cared for.

And, I can't forget my high school friend who encouraged me with a message through Facebook. Thank you, C.T., for letting me know that you are praying for us.

Well, that's it. I just had to share my excitement! I can't wait to see what's next!!

You know, it doesn't have to just be money or a piece of the actual paperwork process. I know many of you are praying for us. Would you allow us to have the knowledge that you are praying us through? Just click here and leave your name. No more. Just your first name. Or initials, if you like.

If you would like to say more, click here to comment in our guestbook.

Wait, I almost forgot one more great thing that happened yesterday! DoubleT's permanent crown came in and he was able to have it put on 5 days early!! God is SO good!!!

Walking by faith...

1 comment:

Jon L. Estes said...

Jon & Pamela are praying for you and Daniel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails