Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back to the basics...

I've been thinking about posting something for the last few days, but I haven't really known what to write. The news about our adoption application is that there is no news. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since we turned in the application. I had hoped to hear something --anything -- by now, but we continue to wait.

In the meantime, it sort of feels like I am hovering between the two sides of life. Life before today and life after today. I am going about my daily activities, doing the urgent, and meeting my class deadlines, but I can't say that I am acting with any particular purpose. I am reminded of my very first blog post in April of 2006. It sums up the basics of what a relationship with God is intended to be and the reason why I started this blog in the beginning. So, here it is - reposted. I pray it will speak to you - and me - again...

Live...
Live. No, don’t just exist… really live. Think about the word for a minute. What does it imply? Does is just mean the every day acts of breathing, eating, sleeping, and working? Or does it mean something more than that? Could it mean to actively participate in the operations of each day with purpose, meaning, and success in God’s eyes?I must admit that I would rather be on the mountaintop than the valley. Many days, I find myself merely existing, waiting for that next mountaintop experience. It must have been an incredible experience for people like Moses to be on the mountain with God (Exodus 19) and for Peter to be on the mountain with Jesus (Luke 9:28-37). Like them, I would not have wanted to leave. In our finite minds, it would be much better to set up camp with the Lord and forget about the reality of life. But God has not called us to live forever on the mountain. Rather, He calls us there to gain our strength for a moment and to take what we have learned back into the valley to share with others. That is where life happens, and we must learn to live through the valleys with purpose and success and not mere existence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes those valleys are hard to bear, but you are right, they are there for a reason. What a lovely post C.C.

Thanks so much for linking up to the Past Post Parade! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails