Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just an update...

I'll admit I don't have any particularly profound words of wisdom today, but I figured I could at least provide a small update for those of you who may be reading. So, here's where we are. While visiting his mother over the holidays in Romania, DoubleT and I finished the daunting task of our full 30+ page Adoptive Home Application. Anyway, we finished it which was a HUGE accomplishment in my book. When we FINALLY arrived home, and by home, I mean the hallowed -kiss deserving- ground of the U.S.A., we gathered the documents required to attach to our application and bundled it up in a neat little "C.C.-approved", secretary-organized packet (file folder and all... oh, and of course, I made copies). The bad part about returning to the states was that we had spent all our money in Romania. So, until our next highly anticipated pay date, we put the whole thing in the safest place we could find - the car, of course. Then, on Wednesday, after doing all the bills on Tuesday, DoubleT turned over coveted physical possession of our checkbook to me to write the oh-so-important check. Two words that describe that decision - BIG MISTAKE. But that's another story of a lost checkbook snuggled DEEP beneath the driver's seat of the car while it's conclusion-jumping owners circled the parking lot, wondering where it may have fallen and who at a Christian place of employment would be so unChristian as to not turn it in, or worse yet, take us for every penny we are worth. Back to the subject - On Wednesday, I drove the short distance from to our agency and turned in the application. The lady at the desk looked it over and with wide eyes said, "Wow, you typed it. We can actually read it." And I thought, what exactly do other prospective parents do? Not only do I like to make a good impression by presenting a clean looking application, but I dislike the pain of physically writing anything, most especially a 30 page document. Can you imagine not having a delete or backspace key? Just the thought takes me back to the days of old typewriters and messy whiteout. Anyway, she said to give them 2 or 3 weeks to do their background checks and for the board to review our application. And to that, I said that it sounded much better than the 60 day response time which was listed on the application. I've become strangely good at waiting over the years, and oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be bothering me at the moment. I'm sure this is just the first of many periods of waiting in this long journey. So, you may be asking what comes after this? Well, IF our application is approved, there is a training weekend, a home study (consisting of something like 5 or 6 visits), a profile/scrapbook to complete, being interviewed by birth mothers who are interested in our profile, etc., etc...

Well, I guess that's the update for now. You may notice that I have added some counters on the bottom of the page to track how many people come by as well as a few links on the left. One of these is a guestbook, and I would LOVE it if you would sign it. Nothing fancy. No long discourse is necessary. Just a name, if you like. Just let me know that you exist and you were here. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails