Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Long time, no chat...

It has obviously been a long time since I have posted. I pray that God will give me clarity because there is so much I want to say, yet nothing I want to say. It may be a bit choppy.

C.T.C is doing well. He likes his new formula, and it agrees with him significantly more than the others did. His 2 month check-up is scheduled (just a tad bit late) for next Monday. According to my scale at home, I believe he is a bit more than 12 pounds. Growing boy!!! :o)

We are adjusting to our new normal, and we love it. I must admit, though, it is very hard! You all knew that, though, didn't you? ;o) It is quite an adjustment, that is for sure, and that is what I want to share with you in this post. God gave me a wonderful opportunity the other week. I took our son to meet a former professor who was familiar with our story. It was so neat how God orchestrated everything. I chatted online with the professor for a minute or two the night before to check his office hours, and he told me that he would be there after 1 p.m. So, after 1 p.m., I stopped by and he was not there. Then, I stopped by a second time later, and he was still not there. I was disappointed but figured that something must have come up. So, I later stopped by one final time, and was so excited to find him there! We chatted a bit, and towards the end of our conversation, he started asking me some questions that I found a bit strange. I knew there was something "to them." Then, he told me that he was currently teaching an intensive class (the one I dropped when we found out about our son) and was looking for someone to assist him with some role plays. He asked me if I was interested. He would be the counselor, and I would be the counselee. I was so excited, and eagerly accepted, but asked him why he asked ME. Then, he shared that he had just prayed that God would direct him to the person he should ask, and then I had immediately arrived at his door. I thought it was so neat that I had tried unsuccessfully to see him twice earlier, but found him there, just after he had prayed. If I had found him earlier, he would not have just prayed. How like God! Amazing!!! :o)

I should stop going on like this and just get to the point, or my son will wake up and end this post quickly. I am trying to let go of my perfectionism.

So, here's the story. I spent 3 mornings doing role plays with my professor for his class, and it was so beneficial to me, as my husband and I adjust to our new roles as parents. Two interesting things. My professor noted that my mind is overwhelmed by multi-tasking. Imagine that! It was also evidenced by him asking me a question and then me immediately forgetting what he had just asked me. Picture it. Sitting in front of 100+ students and my brain just totally shuts down! Ha!

Among other things, my professor suggested some ways of coping. One thing he said about me is that he finds me creative. I thought that was a little odd, but I can see the point that he was making between some poetry I have written in the past and the blogging that I have done. I guess I just didn't see myself as creative. He also suggested that I might want to get a voice recorder to capture my thoughts. I told him there was no way I would do that because I HATE my voice! So, he suggested that perhaps I could write some poetry and include a poem about my voice. Hahahahaha! I truly did not think THAT would happen, but I did try that night. Unfortunately, like I lost my train of thought during our counseling, my brain would not pull together my thoughts, so I let it go and moved on to other things. Later, the next morning, I discovered an application on my iPhone to record voice memos, and I thought, hey, what's the harm! I'll give it a try!

So, I did, and I proceeded to talk to myself for the next hour! Now, that is what I want to begin to share with you because:

1. it's easier than writing feels right now
2. it's real!
3. I can talk while I do other things!

So, tell me what you think!

Totally letting go of my perfectionism right now. Not even going to go back and read over this! ;o)

Phooey! I just tried to upload my audio file, and it does not work! I have to do some research and download a new program to see if this can work. I guess I will just post my audio files when I get it worked out.

Coming soon... (I hope!)


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails