Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Inching closer...

Veeerry slooooowwwlly, but surely, I am approaching the realization of my (first) weight loss goal. Make no mistake about it, I will not be done losing weight when I reach that goal. No, my intention is to continue moving onward and upward downward until I reach a body mass index that could be considered normal. Right now, I am just overweight, but at least, I am no longer obese. Hey, guess who else is no longer obese?




Doesn't he look fabulous, daaahling? :o) Yes, I realize his head is missing, but it was the least blurry picture I had of him getting ready for church, and I liked the outfit on him. I think it shows off his skinniness, too. LOL! :o) Don't you love all the dog toys in the picture? They are ev-e-ry-where! :o)

Oh, wait... here's the head!



That's much better!

Anywho.

I have been stuck in the same two pounds for the last month, so needless to say, I was a bit frustrated. So, I have been kicking things up a bit, and I started running. Not much. Just 3-minute increments, 3 times during a 20-30 minute workout on the treadmill. Surprisingly, I like it. I am down to a 14 minute - 08 second mile. For you runners, that might seem really slow, but I am shaving the time down as much as I can without doing damage to my body. I just need to get some good running clothes and SHOES. Goodness, I need different shoes than what I am wearing to run right now! I am seeing results, though! My ticker finally moved, and I am a mere 2.2 pounds away from my goal!!!

But... Romania. We leave tomorrow, and I have great fears that I will return heavier than when we left. A friend (who is teaching me lots about running! yay!) did give me a good quote to keep in mind, and I. like. it!!!


“Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!”


Isn't that SO true?!?!?! It has been running (hahaha!) through my mind all day, and I intend to say it to myself before every bite I eat on this trip. Please pray that I can have the self-control I need!

By the way, did I mention that I fit into and purchased a pair of size 12 pants the other day??? I did! Seriously, I know that might not be a big deal to you skinny-minnies out there, but I haven't seen that size in decades.... and speaking of decades, this morning, I finally broke through to the next decade of pounds, which I actually don't remember from the first time I was in them. Back then, I think I jumped over about... um... 3 decades of pounds. Yep. It feels much better this time around. You know what else that means? Yep! Size 10 is just around the corner! :o) :o) :o)

Guess that's about it for now. Please pray for us as we travel to see family. I'll try to hop online a time or two while we are over there... in between doing the stairs in the apartment building for exercise! ;o)


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

6 comments:

Tara said...

Y'all look soooo good! Glad the scales are moving for you! I have never been a runner although I wish I were.

Becky Gravley said...

ERIN!!! i am SO SO SO impressed! you look WONDERFUL!!! i know you've been at this for a very long time, but i want to be like you!!! =) i am absolutely disgusting right now, but hopefully when we finally get settled in here, i will do better. i really like the saying your friend gave you too. she's so right! thanks for the inspiration. =)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a beautiful, skinny couple! Congrats on your progress! Praying for you as you continue your weight loss journey and as you travel to Romania!

-stephanie- said...

Awesome job you two. So healthy looking.
Have a blessed and safe trip.

Unknown said...

You guys look FABULOUS! I LOVE that quote too! Have a blast in Romania girl~!

Jessi said...

You both look great!! Looking forward to hearing how the trip is going/went! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails