Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowy Afternoon!

The weatherman said it was supposed to be bad, so we were hoping for a day off... or at least a delay, but no such luck. We waited until the last possible moment to begin getting ready this morning. Fortunately, our place of employment decided to close at noon, so we at least got the afternoon off!

Here's how it went! :o)

We stopped at Food Lion on our way home to purchase some carrots to make soup. You know, it being a cold day and all. $52 later. Please tell me we aren't the only ones who come out of the store with more than what is on the list.

Then, we slid (literally) down to the stop light next to our road. It was really not a pretty sight.

We got home and let the puppies out for some well-deserved play time in the snow!



I wish I had their energy to run circles like that! Goldie really wanted to come inside at the end. Meanie me. They didn't end up staying out long. They must be like me. Not so much the fans of winter!

Then, D.T. and I did a bit of cooking, and I noticed this in our cupboard.


Um... yeah. Does anybody else find that you bought two of things and didn't even realize it?

Then, I remembered that we have a whole bunch of fresh thyme left over from our summer gardening efforts. So, then, why exactly do we have two containers of dried thyme?



D.T. brought the plant inside last night because of the weather we expected today. Now, it is sitting in our downstairs bathroom so that Ben doesn't eat it. He tried. The plant on the left is oregano. The one on the right is thyme. Otherwise known as cimbru in Romanian. They put it into EVERYTHING, so imagine D.T.'s delight when he actually discovered the name of the plant in America! We LOVE it! :o)

Here is the rest of what we made this afternoon.



As much as D.T. loves to do the gourmet cooking thing, we also like it simple sometimes. What you see on the right is Tys0n Southern Style Breaded Chicken from W@lm@rt. We spray it with P@m and bake it in the oven. Yum! On the left is Dreamfield's pasta (good if you're watching your carbs... you're welcome for the coupon :o)) with some pesto from S@m's Club and walnuts. I LOVE walnuts in pasta. :o) It all fits in the diet, too. The key is portion control. Measure everything you put in your mouth! :o)

Well, how random was that for ya? LOL! :o)

Back to the bath, proof-reading my hubby's class assignments (yes... he is taking another class!), and then to work out a bit on the treadmill. I am still WAY full from the food we made, so dinner will be the leftovers I didn't finish, and it will be MUCH later.

I hope y'all got a nice snow day today, too. Any chance we'll have a repeat performance tomorrow? I could only wish. :o)


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

1 comment:

Stephanie Harbin said...

Keep your snow!! I hate it. We have a chance tonight, and I am hoping it passes. I want to do all my Christmas traveling and settle in back home before bad weather hits. Is that too much to ask???

Related Posts with Thumbnails