Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Cholesterol...

That is a bad word, isn't it? Or, at least, it has become a bad word for some of us. Possibly for the first time in my entire life, I actually initiated and looked forward to having my cholesterol checked yesterday. I made an appointment and saw my doctor for a few minutes. He got to verify for me that while their scale started and stopped on a different number than mine at home, the number of total pounds I have lost matched their records EXACTLY! My weight yesterday was exactly 23.6 pounds less than the last time they weighed me, and that was the number I had, too. Cool! :o)

Anywho.

The reason I made the appointment was because I wanted to see if my cholesterol had come down at all because of my weight loss. Well... guess what??? It did! The dr.'s office was so nice to call me back the same day with the results, and I was thrilled! While my overall number is still high, it did come down four points. Not a ton, but hey, it's something. My LDL (the kind of cholesterol that is supposed to be low, but was too high before) came down 7 points, too. It is still high, as well, but then again, I still have a lot of weight to lose. We talked about that, too. How much weight I should lose. I told him all of the lovely things that people are saying and that everyone thinks I am crazy to want to lose a lot more weight. So, I asked him if my expectations were reasonable, and he said that they were. So, here it is. I want to weigh 120 pounds. Yes, I know!!! That is nuts, right? I need to at least try, though. We'll see what happens.

I shouldn't stop with all that news. There are even better things I found out. For starters, my HDL (the cholesterol that is supposed to be high) went UP 13 points! Now, it is well within the normal range. Woohoo! My ratio between cholesterol and HDL came down a lot, too. It assesses a person's risk for coronary heart disease, and I am now considered normal. Isn't it nice to be normal? :o)

Finally, the best thing of all! At least, I think so! My triglycerides came down a whopping... get ready for this............

61 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it? Now, that number is well within the normal range again.

So what now? I am going to keep doing what I am doing and then get my levels rechecked in 3 months. I am going to read a book they told me about called The 8-Week Cholesterol Cure. I can't really recommend it because I haven't exactly read it yet, but they said it is helpful. So, we'll see. I have class stuff to finish before I will have the time to devote to reading it. Soon... soon... One more weekend. 2 more weeks. 2 more discussion board replies. 2 more theory critiques. One more paper. Then, I am done and will have a break until January! Phew! More time to devote to raising my HDL with cardio exercise on the treadmill!

I am so happy. :o)

Should I even ask? What is your cholesterol?

Embracing His Joy, Hope, & Peace...

4 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Good job girl! I don't know what my cholesterol # is, I just know it's normal.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Lookin' good, girl!!!!!! Keep up the good work! :)

Jessi said...

That's great! I'm so inspired by you...I've been doing a little better but still have a while to go! I have no idea what my cholesterol is. Maybe I should get it checked :/
Congrats are doing so well!! Keep it up, girl!

Anonymous said...

Good job! My cholesterol usually runs around 98-105. BUT, my HDL is usually too low. They always fuss at me and tell me to exercise. I tell them when they find me more hours in the day then I will...bad of me, I know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails