Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lest I lead you astray unintentionally...

...I told you yesterday that the piece in this post had been refinished. Well, it wasn't. I was incorrect. I learned today that antiques should never be refinished. If they are, they lose all much of their value. Who knew? I guess all the marks and imperfections that we would think need to be fixed and polished over are really just the scars that give the piece its age and character.

Hmmm... I think there is a spiritual lesson to be learned there. We may wish to hide all of the marks and imperfections in our lives, but perhaps, these are the very things that God uses to show what He can do with a broken vessel that is surrendered to Him.

Just a thought.

Don't ever refinish your antiques! :o)

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails