Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Women of Faith CD Review: First Second Impressions...


I have reminded myself, after listening to this CD multiple times, that first impressions are not always accurate. When I saw the tweet come through a couple weeks ago with an offer for the first 50 people to sign up to receive a free Women of Faith worship CD in exchange for their honest opinion of it, I thought, “Hey, why not. I probably won’t be one of the first 50, but I LOVE Women of Faith music!” Not too many days later, I was SO excited to receive an email confirming that I was, in fact, one of the first 50!!! I patiently waited, and when the coveted package arrived, I tucked it safely inside my purse to take to work. The next morning, I popped it in the CD player on my computer, and listened away… My first impression? Honestly, a bit conflicted. I was born in the 70’s, a child of the 80’s, and a musical product of the 90’s. I remember being introduced to my first Women of Faith Worship CD (Boundless Love) in 1998. It was a time of great spiritual awakening in my life, and I LOVED the music! Each and every song held special meaning for me. Perhaps, that is why I was initially a little disappointed with this year’s music. As I listened to each song, I would think, “Oh, I like that one!” and then “Oh, I don’t like that one.” I thought “I guess this CD really has something for everyone, but not everything for anyone.” How selfish of me! I did, however, reserve my judgment, and continued listening to the CD in the car with my husband over the next few days. Surprise, surprise! My ultra conservative, foreign-born hubby liked the music more than me (especially the brand new, upbeat ones!), and as I listened from his perspective, it really grew on me. It’s funny. This CD really is new and fresh. It has a great blend of old favorites redone, current trends, as well as completely up-to-the-minute music. I must admit, I have tradition coursing through my veins. So, I really liked the songs with that flavor, like Lead Me to the Cross and God of This City while I did not initially care as much for I Am Free and Just Wanna Say. My husband and I definitely agreed that we loved the new flair on Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing the most! I also appreciated that everything was seasoned with the truth of God’s Word! There truly is something for everyone in this collection. If you give it a second chance, I bet you’ll find, like I did, that each song grows on you and becomes part of your life like an old friend!

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails