Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits~ the 34th year...

I think it's been a few weeks since I wrote out my random thoughts and activities on a Tuesday, so here goes.

***
Blogging has slowed down a bit for me. Oh, yes, I am still posting. I'm just not putting a big effort into it like I have in the past. I guess it comes and goes in cycles, but I'm not really willing to give it up entirely. I love my bloggy buddies too much! Plus, some day, there will be more of our story to share. :-)

***
D.T.'s brother was supposed to come in last Friday from Romania, but he didn't. Of course, you have all heard about the interruption in flights due to the whole volcano mess. Well, his flights were canceled, too. Boo. We were disappointed, but grateful to God that he and everyone else is safe. We have rescheduled his trip for this Saturday, and we are just holding tight to see if it really happens. No matter what, he'll come. It is just a matter of when.

***
You know, 34 feels very much like 33 did, and yesterday felt very much like the day before. My Facebook wall got slammed by all my friends who made me feel very special... and kind of conspicuous. I posted to my group friends that it kind of reminded me of the string exercise we did in class. You know the one? Everybody has a string and you give the other end of your string to somebody else that fits what the group leader is talking about. You know. Like who do you relate to the most in the group, or who are you the most concerned about in the group? Well, in class, I recall that if one person ended up holding the other end of everybody's strings, then that person felt really, really awkward. Even if it was a good question. Yesterday on Facebook felt like that to me. It was nice, but awkward to be holding everybody's strings. LOL! I still miss my group. Love you guys!

***
I am still going strong on my Diet Coke ban! 8 days and counting! If you know me, you know that this is a true miracle.

***
I am on a diet. Not just a try to lose a few pounds kind of diet. No, this is a real diet. I need to lose 30 pounds. Hey, why not make it 34, in honor of this year of my life? This year is going to be good. This year is going to be different. This year, God is going to do something new and special in my life. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me!

Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up;
do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19

***
I walked on the treadmill this morning. I haven't walked on our treadmill for more than a year. This is a new, good habit. :-) Does anybody have any other good habits, or foods, or healthy recipes you would be willing to share to help me on my journey?


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

2 comments:

Stephanie Harbin said...

I need healthy habits too. Last year my new year's resolution was that I would implement a healthy habit every month for me and my daughter. I bought a brita water pitcher in January so we could drink healthy filtered water and cut down on other things. That was the last of it!! This year in January, I opened the water pitcher and we started using it. How lame is that??? So maybe I am only integrating one healthy habit a year... I hope you do better than I did. Best wishes and Happy birthday.

Sheryl said...

love that verse about God doing a new thing!! so glad that you are claiming it for this new year.

healthy habits....water, water and more water. up your fiber. no white flour or sugar (easier said than done) the fact that you are working toward better help is a huge step!! wishing you the best in that.

it's great to be back to blogging

Related Posts with Thumbnails