Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My story... learning how to write...

My intention in joining Holley on her 21 day challenge was to do all five (or seven) days of the week throughout the week, posting them together on Friday. Today, I have changed my mind. At least for today.

Today, she urges us to use our senses in the telling of our story. I like this. I feel like I am learning a new way to write. I think that, perhaps, some day I will be a writer. Or a speaker. Or a counselor. Or a mommy. Apparently, at the age of almost 34, I have not grown up yet. I do not know what God has in store for me.

A memory that I have. A happy one. There are many memories I would like to tell in my story, and many of them are hard. Let's just start with a happy one, though, according to Holley's suggested outline. :-)

I see our dimly lit room, and a small light gleaming from the hallway.
I hear my grandmother's voice calling out through the silence of the night.
I feel the warmth of the covers resting on my tired body.
I taste the chalky fruitiness of a TUM because Gram only wanted half.
I smell the cologne of my husband as I crawl back into bed.

Now, the question: Why is this experience important to my story? Because family is important to me, and I love how she provided us a home and how we were able to care for her.

Wow. That was truly incredible. Thank you, Holley.

What is something that you remember? What did you see, hear, feel, taste, and smell?

2 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Nice job here! I still have to do this one...I've found it to be more challenging than you make it look here tho' :)

Kristina said...

Yes, you did make this look easy. I'm having a bit of trouble writing lately. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails