Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Untitled.

I wrote this yesterday. It just came to me in about twenty minutes. I think that the meter and rhyme seem a little bit off, but somehow, there is nothing I want to change.

***

Whatever are You thinking, LORD?
What do You have in mind?
I spend my days just wondering
How I can seek and find
Your answer to the desires that are lying deep inside,
The wishes that somehow will not fade within this heart of mine.

I trust You, LORD, to do what’s best,
To work Your plan, to give me rest.
I seek Your joy, Your hope, Your peace,
I love You, LORD, whate’er the test.

I may not know the path ahead
I may not know where it will lead.
The twists and turns seem torturous
Around the bend, lies the unknown, the faceless.

As the days have turned to months and years
Through all the hurt, through all the tears
You’ve proven that Your love is enough
That Your promises are true, that Your Word is the stuff
Where my faith finds its substance, its essence, Your presence,
Your Word is the place where my longing soul finds contentment.

C.C. / His Heart © 2009

***

Today, I choose joy in the salvation of my ever-present God, freely offered to me through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

3 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

That's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Angie said...

Hey, I write poems too, so that was right down my ally! Very good, I wouldn't change a thing either. It's such an awesome way to express your heart. Keep up the good work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails