Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reflections...

Music is something that has always been a very important part of my life. My mom used to play music for me when I was a baby, and my parents used to take me to concerts at church and nearby festivals where we heard all sorts of music. My mom always told me that I was the happiest as a baby when music was playing and that I would sleep through anything at church as long as the music kept going. If it stopped, though, then I woke up. That explains why I can still sleep with the tv on all night long. Yes, I know I am wasting electricity, but it is how I sleep the best.

Yesterday, on the way in to work, I switched out the CD that was playing in the car and popped in another that I purchased in 1998 from a conference that I attended that year. It was a life-changing year for me, and the music was just as life-changing to go along with it. I still feel that way, which is why I go back to it from time to time. As I was flipping through the lyrics on the CD cover, I noticed the names of the soloists in each of the songs, and I decided to Google them. I thought maybe they would have blogs where I might see how God is working in their lives today. So, I did. I Googled them, and do you know what I found? I discovered that one of the ladies I listened to all the way back then is now one of these ladies. I knew I liked her!

The point is that God has used music to speak life into my soul time after time over the years. As a baby. In 1998. Yesterday. Today. He has used the medium of music to convey His message in a way that I could receive it... and live it... and sing it... and breathe it. In a way that would bring healing when I needed it. Or hope. Or conviction.

One such time, you can read about here and here. That was really a very profound time in my life. I hope you'll take the time to read the story. It says a lot about who I am and how God began His work to change my life. I don't know exactly why I am telling you all of this. I just noticed this unbroken thread that has woven its way throughout my entire life, and I thought it was neat, so I thought I would share.

Today, I choose joy in God's gift of music to me. How about you? Do you have a song that is special to your life? One that God has used to minister to you or to teach you something? Please share. I would love to hear how God is working in your life!

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Music is definitely my gift. I feel that it is God's language. It knows NO barrier. Great post.


I'm giving you an award...stop by my place a little later today to see it...(working on it right now) Have a great day. 8-)

Tara said...

Music does wonders for me! My freshman year roommate gave me a cassette tape of Point of Grace. I must have worn the thing out....loved it!

Stephanie Harbin said...

Music is a huge part of my life also. I read your here and here story! It was great! I am so glad you got out of the cage. It is about abundant life and you can't have that in a cage. God Bless you,

Related Posts with Thumbnails