Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback ~ 1970

Welcome to Friday Photo Flashback,
as hosted by Alicia at More Than Words!

Friday Photo Flashback

Yes, I know I wasn't even born yet in 1970, but I wanted to do something a little different today.

I know, I know. Breakin' the rules again! Just call me the rule-breaker! ;-)

Last night, I was baking a cake for work, and, of course I had to take a picture. Right? Right! I mean, I know y'all take pictures of your food, too. Right? Right!

Yum!
Anywho.

I also happened to have a few dishes out that I cleaned out from our cupboard the other day. Dishes are my passion. I have way too many of them, and I needed to make room for... more... what? Why, dishes, of course!

So... food + dishes = what else? Pictures! Hehehe! All of my passions! Food + dishes + pictures!!!

Now, I know that somebody, somewhere out there had these dishes growing up, too! Come on. Admit it! :-)


We always called them our white dishes with the little green flowers. I checked them out online, and they are called: Spring Blossom Green by Corelle. Very popular back in the 1970's!

I'm still going to keep some for everyday, but I just don't have room for all of them anymore. So, I'm passing these few on to my sister to add to her collection. My mom gave both of us some a few years back when she got new ones. We did have lots of them, after all. My mom had a set. My grandma had a set. Of course, now, her new ones keep breaking, and these old ones? They never break. NEVER!

Today, I choose joy in my family and memories. I love thinking back to the people and times (past and present) that these dishes remind me of.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

7 comments:

PreppyBumpkin said...

Oh my goodness! We had these dishes too...and so did half of my family! In fact, Grandma still uses hers, and you're right - they NEVER break!

Thanks for bringing back so many memories associated with those green dishes!

Unknown said...

My aunt had those dishes...while we didn't have those dishes...my mother had a baking dish that was the opposite...green with the white flower border...how neat. 8-)

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh, my parents used to have dishes like that. What I wish my mom kept was her colorful mixing bowl!! They don't make them like that anymore.

Thanks for the memories!! I grew up in the 70's!

Lorrie said...

What fun memories...I'm a product of the 70s as well...so it's ok if we break a few rules... My mom had a mixing bowl that was green with little white flowers...so that's so cool!

Lorrie said...

Actually...it's the same design just reversed...how cool!

Stephanie Harbin said...

Oh, I love this correlle. We had the same pattern, but in yellow. When my mom died, I put all those dishes aside for my daughter to have when she grows up.

Michelle said...

LOL! Ah, my mom still has a set of those dishes. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails