Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The BIG paint! BEFORE...

We went to Lowe's the other night and picked out the color Merlot to be the accent wall. We bought a sample and tried it out, and then went back last night to buy a whole gallon. We LOVE it! Let's hope it looks good when it is totally done. :-)

Then, we had to start moving things. Ugh. This could take a while. We started by folding up the dog crates. Oh, and we totally boarded the dogs. SO glad we did. There is nowhere in this house fit for them to be right now!

Then, D.T. decided to finish switching out the blinds in our bedroom. Woohoo! I have these great ideas about how I want to redo that room, but that is gonna have to be another project. More to come on that one soon.

All the books had to come off the bookshelf at the bottom of the stairs.

Bet you didn't know it was from Romania! And, we found it in the United States! Long story. I'll save it for another time. :-)

Piling things on the guest bed. So many memories and significant pieces among all these things.

A special pillow. Any ideas what it is made from?


A case we received from a family friend of my father's for our wedding. We keep all our special Romanian treasures in there!

My wedding portrait, my wedding bouquet (upside down), Romanian glassware...

It looks so empty. Like we are moving out, or something. :-(

Oh my goodness! a REAL look at our house.


Moving everything to the middle of the room!

We didn't even empty that piece out. Just moved it very, very carefully. Oh, and do you see our new vacuum? Best thing we've ever bought! LOVE it!

Lots of dusty things! It's amazing what you find when you start moving things. Ha! Ewww... YUCKY!

Oops, forgot the curtains!

Gotta get those!

Mission accomplished.

A plastic drop cloth to protect our new couch and the curtains.

The painters arrive!!! Woohoo!


Taping things off.

My breakfast. Yummy! Now, I'm off to get a hot bath. D.T. kicked me out from downstairs because he said I was too chatty and distracting the painters. Hmph.

I got one more picture. I got one more picture. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

***********


It is a dreary, foggy day out today. Perfect for staying inside and getting all this stuff done.

See our wind chimes out front?


Look closer. Seems like someone else has been a busy bee spider, too! I am amazed when I see the beauty and intricacy of what God gave these creatures the capability of building! Today, I choose joy in the gifts and energy God has given all of us ~ the spiders, the painters, and me and D.T.!

I know, that last part was a little random, but I'm kind of high on sugar right now.


AFTER pictures to come later. Wait for it, wait for it...


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...


***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am soooo excited to see the end result!

Umm, could you share your reeses with me?!

Anonymous said...

Love your breakfast!! ;) Can't wait to see how the painting goes! That is really exciting!!! I need a home makeover over here, too! ;)

~Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails