Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My goal...

I don't know about you, but I have not been under attack by the enemy this intensely since sometime around May and June of last year. If you look back, you'll see that I was in quite a funk a lot (but not all) of the time those months. What is it with May and June anyway? I mean, it's supposed to be winter went we get all funky and depressed. Not summer.

Oh, well. I wouldn't exactly say that I'm depressed. No, that's not quite right. It's more like overwhelmed. Yeah, that's it. Like I said yesterday, my happiness may be influenced by my circumstances, but my joy is not. That comes from the LORD, and no one... most especially, the enemy, can ever take that away from me.

I do have to wander down a little bunny trail, though, if you would be so gracious as to allow me a little creative latitude...

Last year at this time, God was asking us to trust Him and take the steps of faith necessary to MOVE forward in this process of adoption. Of course, then, the enemy was fighting hard. Why wouldn't he? After all, why would he want us to be successful in following God's call or in bringing a child into our lives to love, nurture, and raise to follow HIM?

So, why is he fighting so hard now, when we are just waiting? We're not doing anything specific. I have to wonder, though, what might God be doing in the background right now that we don't even know about? I'm not saying anything is going to happen soon. I'm just letting my mind wander a little...

Hmmm.....

Back to the subject.

Overwhelmed with life and class. Well, more class than life, but it kinda all jumbles up together.

As soon as I get a split nanosecond to breathe, it's time to start another assignment and to think about the huge project that is due all too soon.

I do have a goal, though. I am determined that I am going to make it through the next 5 weeks and 5 days of class having maintained:

1. my weight (not *even* gonna try to lose any)
2. my sanity
3. my integrity

and

to have GROWN in some way in my relationship with God through what I learn.

I would really appreciate it if y'all would pray for me to that end. Thanks so much for your friendships. It really does mean a lot!

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...



***Don't forget to pray for someone today!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

whoa!! God is talking to both of us today about joy.

i will be praying along with you over the next few weeks. love what you said about not knowing what God is doing in the background. and we can be sure that He is always doing something GOOD!

He & Me + 3 said...

I will pray for you and your goals. It is exciting to think that God is working on our behalfs...behind our backs all the time, for our GOOD. Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails