Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Did You Know? Valentine's Day edition!!!

Did You Know...


that in Romania, the number of flowers given is based on whether or not the person being honored is living or dead? For funerals, flowers are given in even numbers and for other occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries, flowers are given in odd numbers.

So, when D.T. got flowers for me yesterday, he chose 7 beautiful red roses.




Such a surprise when he picked me up after work to take me to dinner! Why, you ask? After all, it is Valentine's Day.

Well, yes, it is.

But, in 2000, it was also the day that D.T.'s father passed away. And since then, it has been a rather bittersweet day for us.

After all, he was such a wonderful man, and we miss him so much.


D.T.'s Taticu (Romanian for "father"), lived his life well.

As a man of God and a husband,

a father,


and a grandfather.


Even as tata socru pentru mine (Romanian for "my father-in-law").


He worked well, loved well, served well, and laughed well. Oh, how he made me laugh!


And, after all that, he most certainly finished well.

"I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith."

2 Timothy 4:7

So, yes, it is Valentine's Day. And, I did love receiving such beautiful flowers and having a delicious dinner with my Valentine.

But, the day would not be complete without honoring the man who made D.T. who he is.

We love him, and we miss him. Every day, but especially... this day.

And, we look forward to the day we will see him again in heaven.

Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

7 comments:

Alicia W. said...

That is REALLY sweet!! Happy Valentines day.

He & Me + 3 said...

How sweet. That was such a great post. He sounds like he was an awesome man.

-stephanie- said...

Awwww, I love going down memory lane. How wonderful. Beautiful roses too.

CornFedMama said...

What a wonderful tribute, and a great way to honor your husband and his father.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a beautiful post honoring your father-in-law and your husband...Sounds like you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Sheryl said...

What a great tribute to someone who sounds like he was a wonderful man.

And I have to ask...is that YOU in that last picture????

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a great tribute, C.C. Beautiful man, beautiful flowers. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails