Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Friday, August 29, 2008

In an instant...

I thought an ***UPDATE*** to my post earlier today deserved it's own spot...

I am thoroughly AMAZED by the things God says and does, and by the way He invests His infinite time, His omniscient wisdom, His inexhaustible power, and His never ending patience in me. I just don't deserve it, but I am so glad to humbly receive the grace He freely offers.

Life can change in just an instant when God is the author of that change. I have experienced evidence of this twice just today.

The Bible tells us this in the description of the first change that ever came to be...

God spoke: "Light!" And light appeared.

He didn't ask someone for instructions or open the owner's manual. He didn't devise a great plan or call the experts for suggestions. He didn't strategize a work-around or pull any strings.

God spoke: "Sky! In the middle of the waters; separate water from water!"

God spoke: "Separate! Water-beneath-Heaven, gather into one place; Land, appear!" And there it was.

God spoke: "Earth, green up! Grow all varieties of seed-bearing plants, Every sort of fruit-bearing tree."

God spoke: "Lights! Come out! Shine in Heaven's sky! Separate Day from Night. Mark seasons and days and years, Lights in Heaven's sky to give light to Earth." And there it was.

God spoke: "Swarm, Ocean, with fish and all sea life! Birds, fly through the sky over Earth!"

God spoke: "Earth, generate life! Every sort and kind: cattle and reptiles and wild animals - all kinds." And there it was.

God spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature So they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, And, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth."

And there it was... it came to be... it existed at His command.

I don't know about you, but I cannot speak something into existence. I cannot bring order from nothing. I cannot breathe life into dust.

Then why do I insist on wading through the challenges of life as if I have no resources, no options, no hope?

Over and over again, He proves to me that He is there, that He is in control, and that He cares.

We have obviously been doing the best we can to jump through the hoops, to meet the expectations, to prepare for the commitment.

In reality, though, we can't do it on our own, and God doesn't ask us to. When He shows us what He wants us to do, all He asks is that we take one step of faith at a time. One grain of mustard seed of faith at a time. Then, the power of our faith in HIM will cause the mountain to move.

A little more than one month ago, DoubleT and I took one small step of faith to begin our homestudy, and today God moved two mountains for us.

In an instant...
  • DoubleT received notification of some increased financial opportunities that were completely unexpected. All I can say is that God was the master of multiplication in ages past, as seen in His ability to feed more than 5,000 people with just 5 loaves and two fish, and God is still the master of multiplication today (and no, I am not talking about some pyramid scheme). By the end of the year, we currently expect to meet nearly 2/3 of the adoption costs that remain after the homestudy and profile fees.
  • We went home for lunch and before we returned, we had sold DoubleT's bike, which will allow us to clear some other obligations. What we vainly tried to do in our own power, God did in a moment.
If you can't tell, I am very excited to see the way God is working in our lives and confirming His promises to our hearts.

I hope that you will continue to pray with us and watch HIS goodness at work!


Living in His JOY, HOPE, and PEACE...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails