Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

From place to place... around the world... on the other side...

Did you know that God can use you to make a difference in someone else's life?

I've been looking over some statistics from the visit counters that I have at the bottom of my blog, and I was amazed to discover a few things (I knew the art of statistics was good for something!!!)... First, there are a lot of people in Virginia that read my blog. Go figure! OK, that wasn't really a surprise since I live here, work here, and most of the people I interact with are here as well. On the other hand, I learned that the hospitality of my virtual home has frequently been enjoyed by visitors from locations as near as Johnstown, Pennsylvania (my original home town and the current physical residence of many friends and family) and as far away as Dallas, Texas and Mountain View, California. I have no clue where that is, but it certainly sounds like a pleasant place to live. On occasion, I have also entertained passersby from New York, Delaware, Maryland, Kansas, Michigan, Georgia, New Jersey, Tennessee, Florida, Indiana, and Kentucky. I am truly humbled and grateful that the unknown people behind these visits would stop to listen to what I have to say. I don't know that I know anyone from these states, but for however brief a moment, something written on these pages peaked their interest, answered a question, or met a need in their life. To God be all the glory!

I found it even more remarkable to learn that "His-Heart" has been an international vacation spot for our neighbors in Mazowieckie, Poland; Stockholm, Sweden; Madrid, Spain; Alberta and Ontario, Canada; Cameroon; England; South Africa; and the Netherlands! How like God to use a tool such as the internet in the hands of one of His children to reach beyond my Jerusalem and touch the life of someone on the other side of my keyboard! Why, though, should I be surprised? He brought my husband to me from the other side of the world.

There is a story in the Bible that I read the other day for the first time that I can remember. In Acts 9:26-43, specifically verses 32-35, we learn that Peter, as he is traveling from place to place, meets and heals a man named Aeneas. We don't know anything else about Aeneas except that, prior to Peter's visit, he had been paralyzed and confined to his bed for eight years. Think about that for a moment ~ 8 years! Can you imagine? We can also assume that Aeneas's situation was well known in the community because "the whole population of Lydda and Sharon turned to the Lord when they saw Aeneas walking around!" What a testimony he had to tell of that moment! But what about the previous 8 years? What put him in that bed? What did he do with his time? What did he think about? Did he have a good attitude? What about the day just before Peter came? Was Aeneas expectant with HOPE that tomorrow would be the day he would be healed?

What about you? Are you expectant with HOPE that tomorrow could be the day God intervenes in your life? What about the people God would want you to touch? Are they expectant with HOPE that tomorrow could be the day God meets them wherever they are? As you go from place to place, consider what the life of Aeneas was like before Peter came. Aeneas had a need to be healed. Others we pass by also have a need. It may be a physical need for provision, or it could be an emotional need for encouragement. Everyone has a spiritual need for reconciliation with God. Whose physical need will you meet? Whose encourager will you be? Whose soul waits to hear your testimony of God's salvation? Consider... who is sitting on the other side ...of the bed ...of the street ...of the desk ...of the pew ...of the pulpit ...of the checkout line ...of the country ...of the nation ...of the world ~

Go... make a difference!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails