Friends...

DIStickers.com Ticker

My weight loss goal!

Try the LIVESTRONG.COM calorie counter to start your weight loss journey.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby steps...

Recently, I have been reading the novel that goes along with the movie "Facing the Giants." I loved the movie, although I think the book is MUCH better! Battling the things that have been going through my mind over the last several months, there were many things stated in the book that really ministered to me. One in particular was when Grant Taylor realized that he had to "prepare his fields" to be ready to receive God's blessing. Now, I have said before that I am not a "name it and claim it" type of Christian, but I do think that there is some truth to the principle of preparing your fields. After all, God is not going to simply give me something I am not ready for, right? And even if He would, the state of Virginia would not... LOL! :-) There are certainly a lot of hoops made of paperwork and dollars to jump through, and we are going to tackle them one at a time. Would you like to watch our journey? As we go, my prayer is that God would provide for each need, big or small, as it comes. I am the kind of person who likes to have all my "ducks in a row" and to see the plan all laid out. I especially like to have everything I need for the end result before I am willing to take the first step. So, this prayer is a BIG challenge for me! God, grant us our daily bread and help us to move forward in Your steps.

Baby Step #1: medical forms.
Daniel has an appointment for his physical today, and I am going to make my appointment today. Not tomorrow. Today. (I am a procrastinator, by trade :-))
Cost - $0
Praise God! This may be the last thing that doesn't cost anything (it is covered by our insurance)... but we will praise God even when we have to write the checks!


Preparing our fields...
Erin
**Let us know you were here!**

p.s. The baby shoes were a gift from a dear friend of mine many months ago to remind me to keep moving...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails